Doctor insights on:
How To Teach Food Serving Sizes To Kids
I don't know how much food my 9mo baby should eat during the day in terms of serving sizes. I think I'm feeding her less.
Food introduction: The general recommendation for food introduction in infants is rice cereal at 4 -6 months, vegetables at 5 -6 months, fruits and fruit juices at 6 months, finger foods & meats at 9 months. A three meal two snack schedule is the usual goal, but adapting this schedule to your family's normal routine should be fine as long as your baby is comfortable and gaining weight appropriately. ...Read more
State of food: What is the state of food in the package? If it's uncooked the label refers to uncooked, if it's cooked, the label refers to cooked. ...Read more
Many many many!: If it grew in the ground, it's probably pretty healthy, including lots of vegetables, fruits, nuts, herbs, mushrooms....And the list goes on. Meats of all kids are good, but white ones (poultry and fish) tend to be the healthiest. Dairy products are great provided your body tolerates them. With all, try to stay as organic and fresh as you possibly can. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Food serving sizes in the food guide pyramid
- How to convert calories to serving sizes?
- How to teach appropriate hugs to kids?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to teach kids to wake up by the alarm clock?
- How to teach soccer kids to run through the ball?
- How to teach the elementary backstroke kick to little kids?
- How to teach kids about microwave safety?
- Talk to a pediatrician online