Doctor insights on:
How To Take Out A Lip Ring Stud
Have a lip ring that I can't take off. I can move it but I can't unscrew it. What do I need to do?
Cut the ring: See your dentist. S/he can cut the ring and remove it. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
It depends...: If it is done in the doctors office, then no. Hospitals and surgery centers have different protocol and may ask you to remove it. ...Read more
I got a lip peircing and in the inside of my mouth a white hard bump formed in my mouth near the ring, should I take it out? What does this mean?
See expert: It is possible that you have a reaction to the piercing such as a granuloma, and your lip piercing may need to be removed. This should be determined by an expert such as a dermatologist or plastic surgeon. ...Read more
I got a lip ring. If i wanted to take it out. Once it's taken out, on average how long will it take to heal?
HOPE soon: As soon as you remove your lip ring the track will start to obliterate and you barely see it in few wks , or some times never closes like your ear ring holes, and may need a procedure to close completely. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My lip ring healed over i got a lip ring (it's a flat-backed stud) a few months ago, but last week it healed completely over the back. I have an appointment for a physical next week. Is it safe to wait, and will it be difficult to remove?
Lip Ring: If there are no signs of infection it isn't an emergency. However, usually the time allotted for a physical exam does need leave time to incise your lip to remove the ring. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Should pass: This should pass with no problem. See your doctor if you develop pain or bleeding. ...Read more
Probably OK: Assuming the bar is small and not very sharp, it may pass through you in a couple of days without causing any damage at all. If you develop pain, nausea/vomiting and/or stop having bowel movements, you should see your doctor. ...Read more
Lip rings: Its safest not to have in the first place. However if having, keep clean, don't put pressure on it, avoid tearing the skin, and similar common sense measures. Obviously if there was an infection or problem there would be different answers. ...Read more
Is lip augmentation a lunchtime procedure? Can I do a lip augmentation on my lunch hour, or will I have to take the day off work?
See 2 more doctor answers
Depends: The cause and severity of the trauma will determine its healing. Also the the general health of the child. Should be healed by two weeks, unless child bites or irritates it. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- HealthTap gives you access to top U.S. certified doctors
- Our doctors are checked, verified and board certified
- Get personalized help and answers directly from the doctor
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to take out a nose ring with a ball?
- How to take the ball off of a lip ring?
- How to take out a nose stud with a ball?
- How to take out a belly button ring?
- How long does it take for a swollen lip to go down?
- How long dose it take for a permanent tooth to grow out completely?
- How long does it take for a cold sore on your lip to develop?
- How long does it take to recover from a wart being cut out?
- How to take out a lip ring after piercing to change?