Doctor insights on:
How To Take L Tyrosine For Thyroid
If I have depression and I have no thyroid problems, I can take the amino acid L-tyrosine to burn fat and have a better mood?
No: No. Sorry. L-tyrosine, the amino acid the thyroid clans uses to make thyroid hormone, is not in limiting supply. If your thyroid needs "healing", I'm guessing you mean you're hypothyroid. No treatment we have in medicine will heal hypothyroidism. We treat hypothyroidism with thyroid hormone replacement...cheap, easy, & perfect! To your health! ...Read more
With hypothyroidism, does l-tyrosine raise or lower thyroid levels if your at a stable level?(on synthroid) I want to use it for mood support.Thanks
Yes: Yes, it is o.K if you have any medical conditions check with your physician. ...Read more
Is it safe to take l-tyrosine and Prozac (fluoxetine) at the same time? If yes, what should be the maximum dosage of both?
Yes: Tyrosine can interact with a class of antidepressants known as maois. Prozac (fluoxetine) is in a different class of antidepressants, known as ssris, which are not known to interact with tyrosine. http://www.livestrong.com/article/549424-can-l-tyrosine-be-used-with-prozac/#ixzz2nflswtg0. ...Read more
Tyrosine: I would be careful with that combiination ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How much l tyrosine should i take for thyroid safely a day?
- How much l tyrosine should i take?
- L tyrosine for thyroid disease
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can i take armour thyroid l tyrosine together?
- Can you take l tyrosine and armor thyroid medicine?
- How can l-arginine l tyrosine help with my thyroid?
- What are the benefits of l tyrosine for thyroid?
- Talk to a clinical geneticist online for free