Doctor insights on:
How To Take Claritin
Depends, 1 daily: If you are using Claritin for control of allergic nasal and eye symptoms, one tablet a day is all you need. If you are using Claritin for other medical condition such as chronic hives then your allergist may recommend a higher dose such as twice daily or even 3 times daily. If you are using Claritin more than once a day you should be using the medication under direct allergist supervision. ...Read more
Depends: Claritin (loratadine) 10 mg is dosed once a day. To get the best results, it should be taken before the allergy season begins and before a known allergen exposure (such as going to a home with a cat if you are cat allergic). Claritin also comes in a combination with a decongestant (pseudoephedrine), called Claritin d24 (taken once a day) and Claritin d12 (taken twice a day about 12 hours apart). ...Read more
Who knows: Work for what? Claritin supposedly starts working within 90 minutes. But Claritin is also the weakest binding antihistamine sold over the counter. Personally, i feel Claritin is a waste of money. Use a stronger antihistamine like fexofenadine or Cetirizine which cause minimal to no sedation. Use Benadryl only at nighttime because it can make you drowsy. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Pretty Quickly: Most antihistamines will start to work within the first 30-40 minutes. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take for claritin to work?
- How long does it take for claritin to start working?
- How long does it take claritin to start working?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How much time does it take claritin to work?
- Claritin how long to take effect
- How long does it take claritin to work?
- How long does claritin take to work?
- Talk to an allergist and immunologist online for free