Doctor insights on:
How To Strengthen Your Achilles Tendon
Controlled stretch: One-leg calf stretches can be performed by placing your hands on a wall keeping one leg straight behind you and the other bent. Keeping your back heel on the floor, lean your hips forward, stretching the back calf muscle. Alternate the sides to stretch both calves. Stretching should be started gradually with three sets of 10 repetitions for strengthening exercises. ...Read more
I have a very weak Achilles tendon and is very painful, what exercises can I do to help strengthen it?
You could: Achilles tendon rupture can result from an injury, and the degree of pain and disability depends on how extensive the tear is. Sometimes there is a palpable knot in the back or above the back of the heel, and bearing weight there is quite painful and/or difficult. See a doctor as soon as possible for a proper evaluation. Good luck! ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to stretch your achilles tendon if it has shrunk?
- Stretching your achilles tendon
- Stretch your achilles tendon
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to strengthen patella tendon?
- How to strengthen tendons and ligaments?
- How to strengthen the quadriceps tendon?
- How to strengthen patellar tendon?
- Talk to a podiatrist online for free