Doctor insights on:
How To Strengthen Knee Ligaments
See 1 more doctor answer
Knee instability : Unfortunately there is no way to strengthen ligaments. You can exercise the hip and leg to strengthen the muscles that control the knee. Otherwise bracing or surgery may be your solution. ...Read more
My cruciate ligament in my knee is still giving trouble after 10 yrs what can I do to strengthen d knee please.?
Stronger hamstrings: I assume that you are talking about your anterior cruciate ligament (acl). The hamstring muscles on the back of the thigh can improve the stability of a knee with an abnormal acl. The hamstring curl machine is a typical gym exercise. There are also several home based exercises (such as with an exercise ball) that are good. Try googling them. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
How can I strengthen the ligaments around the knees, because i play soccer a lot and ping pong and they both require lots of knee bendin. Thank you!
Strenghthen muscles: Please see my previous answer to this question if possible . Briefly , you cannot strengthen knee ligaments . You can, however, strengthen the muscles about the knee( quadriceps esp.) and improve proprioception(balance/ coordination).Good luck! ...Read more
I have streched my knee ligament. Doc has asked me to do some excersises to strengthen my other knee muscles. Pls advice?
Strength training: Increasing the strength of your lower extremity muscles including your glutes, quads, and hamstrings, will provide stability to the knee to following an arthroscopic surgery. We also believe building a solid foundation through your trunk muscles is essential for knee stability with functional activities, sport, and exercise. Squats, dead lifts, lunges, leg press, and planks are ideal exercises. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can i do simple physical therapy exercises at home to strengthen the knees?
- How long does it typically take for a injured knee ligament to heal?
- How can i strengthen the ligaments in my knee after arthroscopic surgery?
- How to strengthen your knee after an acl tear?
- How to strengthen tendons and ligaments by exercise?
- How to strengthen tendons and ligaments?
- How to strengthen the knee after a bone bruise?
- How to strengthen a loose knee joint with exercise?
- How long does a ligament in your knee take to heal?