Doctor insights on:
How To Stop My Period From Coming
The menstrual cycle begins with the shedding of the uterine lining, resulting in bleeding from the vagina. A few weeks later, one ovary releases an egg and the uterine lining thickens in preparation for a potential pregnancy. Pregnancy can occur at this stage if sperm fertilizes the egg. If the egg is not fertilized, the egg will leave your body and ...Read more
Yes: Yes, you can definitely take the first 3 weeks of birth control and then skip the final week and go straight to a new pack of pills. I've had patients do this and I've done it myself and it typically works great. You don't "have" to have a period every month. You may go through your prescription faster than normal, but let your doctor know that you skipped the placebo week of pills. ...Read more
Expert opinion please: could taking Plan B while on the off cycle of my pill pack stop my period from coming?
If I start using 400 mg of progesterone vaginally the day before my period begins, will it stop my period from coming even if I am not pregnant?
What are the goals?: It is hard to predict what would happen in that circumstance. The important thing to do is to use the medication exactly as directed by your doctor. I can not think of a reason why vaginal Progesterone would be prescribed in the way you describe. Contact the prescribing doctor and ask for clarification ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can i stop my period from coming this month?
- Can i stop my period from coming?
- How to stop your period from coming early?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to stop your period from coming naturally?
- How to stop your period from coming for a week?
- How to stop your period from coming?
- What can i take to stop my period from coming?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free