Doctor insights on:
How To Stop Excess Sweating
Hyperhidrosis: Hyperhidrosis is excessive sweating of the underarms, palms, or soles of the feet or breasts. Treatment may involve over-the-counter antiperspirants, prescription antiperspirants, iontophoresis, medications, surgery, and botox. I prescribe 3% topical glycoyrrolate to be used as needed. ...Read more
See below: Symptoms and concerns like these mandate a thorough evaluation by your doctor. Only after such an evaluation, which may include labs and radiographic examinations, can he/she let you know what's going on and how best to help you. ...Read more
Meds and surgery: While it depends upon what you mean by excess sweating and where it is occurring, there is a condition called hyperhydrosis that will cause people to sweat excessively in their armpits, palms, feet, and sometimes neck and upper chest. There are prescription antiperspirants that can be used, but there is also a surgical procedure called a sympathectomy that can be used to decrease sweating. ...Read more
Hyperhydrosis: Find the cause and treat it. Workup by your pcp is a start. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to stop excessive sweating?
- How to stop feet sweating in shoes?
- How to stop inner thigh sweating?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to stop excessive sweating with tea?
- How to stop sweating while sleeping?
- How can i stop sweating?
- How to stop sweating when nervous?
- Talk to a dermatologist online