Doctor insights on:
How To Start Lactating Without Being Pregnant
Yes: Lactation the process of continued secretion of copious milk. It requires regular removal of milk and stimulation of the nipple, which triggers prolactin release from the anterior pituitary gland and oxytocin from the posterior pituitary gland. In the absence of milk removal, elevated intramammary pressure and accumulation of a feedback inhibitor of lactation a feedback inhibitor of lactation. ...Read more
When your due date arrives, you will be more than ready to have your baby! Most women deliver the baby somewhere between 37 and 42 weeks. According to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, only 5% of babies arrive on the exact due date. Approximately 7% of babies are not delivered by 42 weeks, and when that happens, it is referred to ...Read more
Yes: Possible causes for galactorrhea include but are not limited to use of birth control pills, tricyclic antidepressants, antipsychotic meds, some sedatives, fennel, anise, fenugreek, some hypertension meds, cocaine, opioids, hypothyroidism, prolactinoma, renal dz, pregnancy, testosterone deficiency in men ; significant breast stimulation. ...Read more
I have moistness under my bra,, and read somewhere that anti depressants can cause women to lactate? Is that true? I know I can't be pregnant.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i lactate without being pregnant?
- Can you lactate without being pregnant?
- Can a womans breast lactate without being pregnant?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How late can periods be without being pregnant?
- How late can a period be without being pregnant?
- How to induce lactation without being pregnant?
- How to lactate when not pregnant?
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online