Doctor insights on:
How To Sprain Your Ankle On Purpose
Pain: Twisting ones’ ankle can lead to a sprained ankle. Often times, this may result in ligamentous injuries which may lead to ankle swelling, pain, and possibly instability. An x-ray of the foot and ankle will be able to assist in differentiating a sprain form a fracture. Have it evaluated by a professional and get the appropriate treatment. ...Read more
Can you tell me if a jogger has stepped in a pothole and sprained his ankle. What systems have suffered damage?
Sprained ankle: A sprained ankle is an injury to the ankle ligaments and tendons surrounding the ankle joint. If a sprained ankle lasts more than a week than it is no longer a sprained ankle.... Need to rule out tears of the ligaments and tendons at that point. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I have two sprained ankles at the same time, one is worse, any advice? Also when should I start stretching/excercising them without causing damage?
PT program: With two simultaneous ankle sprains it is best that you are under the care of a doctor who will outline a specific physical therapy program for you. The first goal is pain relief and often requires braces to support the ankle. Gentle range of motion exercises can be started almost immediately under a therapist's guidance. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to twist your ankle on purpose?
- How to hurt your ankle on purpose?
- How do you sprain your ankle on purpose?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to sprain your ankle without it hurting?
- How to tear your rotator cuff on purpose?
- How do you break your ankle on purpose?
- How to sprain your ankle and get crutches?
- Talk to a podiatrist online for free