Doctor insights on:
How To Shave Off A Verruca
Painful lump: The wart is usually felt as a lump that causes some discomfort especially if it is on the bottom of the foot. You may be able to see some dark spots in the wart itself. These small vessels frequently show pin point bleeding if the wart is scraped. ...Read more
Lots of ways: Another type of painless treatment is to try oral cimetadine (400 mg three times a day for 12-16 weeks). This is very safe and had the side effect of getting rid of warts for many people of adult size and weight (japma november 1, 1995 vol. 85 no. 11 717-718 ). The dose is reduced for children and comes in liquid form if he can't yet swallow the pills. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Lots of ways: You can use the liquid nitrogen, liquid nitrous oxide (this is what i like to use), topical acids, dermal scraping. You can also try oral cimetadine (400 mg three times a day for 12-16 weeks). This is very safe and had the side effect of getting rid of warts for many people of adult size and weight (japma november 1, 1995 vol. 85 no. 11 717-718 ). Laser treatments and surgical removal too. ...Read more
Not if you...: ...Bit it or sliced it or otherwise tried to treat it yourself; warts have a pretty good blood supply. If it started bleeding all by itself, it could be something that *looks* like a wart, such as a pyogenic granuloma, which is made of blood vessels and bleeds "like stink" even when we remove them. ...Read more
Virus: Verrucas are warts which grow on the soles of the feet. These are non-cancerous skin growths and are caused due to the human papilloma virus (hpv). A verruca is by itself painless, but due to pressure exerted by the body weight, it can produce pain. Due to the body weight, the verruca gets pushed into the foot and it looks flat on the sole of the feet. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take for novocaine to wear off after a filling?
- How to help a peeled off scab not to scar?
- How long should it take for a pinched nerve to heal after the pressure is off?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to lose inches off your thighs in a week?
- How long do i need to be off humira both before and after a shingles vaccination?
- How to freeze a sun spot off a face?
- How to freeze off a mole at home?
- Talk to a dermatologist online