Doctor insights on:
How To Remove Skin Tags
Skin tag removal: Best to see your physician for this one. Occasionally skin tags can cause a bit of bleeding when they are removed and it is best done by your doctor who can see the area clearly and use a local anesthetic with a vasoconstrictor and an agent to stop bleeding after removal. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
How to remove skin tags on anus due to hemorrhoids from constipation? was looked at by gastro doc. Constipation is controlled now
In all honesty...: ...I discourage people from doing this because of risk of bleeding, infections and scarring. That said, if you're going to do it anyway, clean the skin and a very sharp pair of small nail scissors with alcohol, and snip them off. Big ones can bleed quite a lot, so let your doc do those. An old folk remedy is to tie thread around them, but that seldom works. Otc "paint on" products are worthless. ...Read more
Skin tags, I have skin tags around my neck. I uear a lot of t-shirts and they seem to follow the line wheee my t's end, how can I remove skin tags?
Physician removal: Stop Aspirin before removing skin tags. A physician should use sterile technique to remove skin tags and place antibiotic ointment on these wounds until healed. Some burn them off, e.g. Laser or bovie, some use a scalpel. These skin tags result from friction on the skin, and one can decrease the occurrence by putting aquaphor or vitamin e on the skin to decrease abrasion or from mechanical rubbing. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to remove skin tag on penis safely?
- How to remove a skin tag with wartner?
- How to remove skin tags with dry ice?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to remove skin tags at home with vinegar?
- How to remove a skin tag from your eyelid?
- How to remove skin tags with castor oil and baking soda?
- How to remove skin tags at home with a little help from my friends?
- Talk to a dermatologist online