Doctor insights on:
How To Remove A Kidney Stone
The kidneys are paired organs that lie on either side of the vertebral column. Part of their critical functions include the excretion of urine and removal of nitrogenous wastes products from the blood. They regulate acid-base, electrolyte, fluid balance and blood pressure. Through hormonal signals, the kidneys control the ...Read more
ESWL,fluids,etc.: Whatever can dissolve or break down the stone is used to remove it. For example, eawl or extracorporial shock wave lithotripsy use shock waves to break up the stone from outside the body. Meanwhile patients are encouraged to drink plenty of fluids to hopefully pass the stone on the urine. If these and other things fail then surgery might be done, as a last option. ...Read more
Kidney stones: There is no natural way to do this. See a urologist for help. ...Read more
Sometimes: Number of kidney stones are amenable to trans ureteroscopic removal by laser lithotripsy or stone basket extraction if small enough. Alternatives are shockwave lithotripsty (eswl) or percutaneous nephro-lithotripsy (pcnl). Latter involves placing a tube through abdominal wall followed by a kidney-scope for stone breakup and extraction. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Multiple: If a large stone is in the kidney, the urologist may recommend a percutaneous nephrolithotomy (pnl) where the stone is blasted with an energy device that is inserted through a small incision in the flank. Some stones 2, .5cm or less would respond the shock wave therapy. Also, a ureteroscopy could be performed, with the understanding that the patient may need additional procedures to be stone free. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Duration of kidney stones
- How long does it take a female to pass a kidney stone?
- How often is it really safe to have a ct scan for kidney stones?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to tell if a kidney stone is stuck?
- How long does it usually takes for a kidney stone to pass?
- How long does it take a kidney stone to form?
- How long does a kidney stone take to pass?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free