Doctor insights on:
How To Reduce Tongue Swelling
Avoid certain foods: Most importantly you should avoid those foods that you are sensitive to. An antihistamine like Benadryl (diphenhydramine) can be helpful for minor swelling once the swelling has occurred. Be aware that swelling of the tongue due to an allergic reaction can be very serious and a visit to the emergency room may be needed. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Swelling is the enlargement of organs, skin, or other body parts. It is caused by a buildup of fluid in the tissues. The extra fluid can lead to a rapid increase in weight over a short period of time (days to weeks). Swelling can occur all over the body (generalized) or only in one part ...Read more
Many things: Dr. Kwok's answer is thorough. Keep in mind tongue swelling *can* be a life threatening problem if severe. If you have severe swelling, feel like you are having trouble breathing, call 911 or head to the er. If you take an ace-inhibitor (lisinopril or other -pril medicine) make sure you get this checked out asap as those medicines can cause a very rare but serious allergic reaction. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to reduce swelling in eyelid?
- How to reduce swelling in the lip?
- How to reduce swelling of the eyelid?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to reduce hand swelling?
- How to reduce swelling in the face?
- How to reduce swelling fast?
- How to reduce swelling on the head?
- Talk to an otolaryngologist online