Doctor insights on:
How To Reduce Swelling In The Foot
Swelling is the enlargement of organs, skin, or other body parts. It is caused by a buildup of fluid in the tissues. The extra fluid can lead to a rapid increase in weight over a short period of time (days to weeks). Swelling can occur all over the body (generalized) or only in one part ...Read more
Swelling: First , you have to determine the cause of the swelling . Then you can create a treatment plan. See you family doc or vascular doc for assistance ...Read more
Many possibilities: R.I.C.E. Rest, ice, compression, elevation. Immobilization with a splint or brace may be of benefit in the initial phase of recovery. Oral anti-inflammatory medication may help with the pain and swelling. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends on the cause: Some causes of swelling of the feet can include systemic problems such as hypertension, and problems with the kidneys and localized issues such as arthritis, cellulitis, lymphatic obstruction, blood clots, varicose veins and trauma. Have it evaluated by a professional and get the appropriate treatment. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
See 1 more doctor answer
No: Soaking can cause swelling. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to reduce swelling after surgery in the face?
- How to reduce swelling in the mouth?
- How to reduce swelling in the face?
- How to reduce swelling in the fingers after an animal bite infection?
- How to reduce swelling in the lip?
- How long does it take for a hairline fracture in the foot to heal?
- How to reduce swelling in a knuckle?
- How to reduce foot swelling after surgery?
- Talk to a podiatrist online for free