Doctor insights on:
How To Reduce Swelling For A Smashed Fingers
Swelling is the enlargement of organs, skin, or other body parts. It is caused by a buildup of fluid in the tissues. The extra fluid can lead to a rapid increase in weight over a short period of time (days to weeks). Swelling can occur all over the body (generalized) or only in one part ...Read more
Many ways: It depends on the cause... Is it related to retaining fluid through out the body? An injury? Arthritis? Even some rheumatologic conditions can cause chronic finger swelling. Your primary care doctor can help sort these out and decide if you should see a hand surgeon. Good luck! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Coban wrapping: I assume that you have a swollen finger due to an injury. I often have patients wrap the finger from the tip to the base with coban or coflex, which is an elastic, self-adhesive bandage that can be removed and reused until the elasticity gives out. Leave the finger wrapped for 1-2 hour, then remove the wrapping for 1-2 hours. Do this several tiems a day for a few weeks. It may diminish the edema. ...Read more
Infection:UC/ER: Unfortunately a cat claw scratch under a nail is problematic since the cat's claws are contaminated from the litter box and licking. Start on topical Neosporin ointment or triple antibiotic ointment and then get to a physician for antibiotic coverage. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Hit top of finger by nail with hammer. Bottom of finger quite swollen and black. Do not think it is broken . What can be done to reduce swelling?
Paperclip: Bend paper clip to have a straight end. Secure with a clamp or pliers so you can hold over a flame until red-hot. Press into the nail until the blood runs out from under the nail. You have a crush injury so it will be sore ; swollen for a few days, longer if the bone was crushed. The black color will gradually be shed off the end in 6 months. The small, round hole will reach the end of the nail so. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to reduce swelling in a knuckle?
- How to loosen stiff finger joints after being in a splint for weeks?
- How long does it take for swelling to subside after a chin implant?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to reduce swelling in fingers after injury?
- Reducing swelling from a popped pimple
- Does anyone have a suggestion on how to reduce abdominal swelling after surgery?
- How to reduce swelling from a wasp sting?
- How long will it take for an antibiotic to reduce pain of a tooth infection?