Doctor insights on:
How To Reduce Blood Pressure Naturally
Blood pressure is a measurement of the force placed on the blood vessels and is comprised of the "systolic" pressure (the top number on a blood pressure meter) which is the peak pressure when the heart is pumping, and the "diastolic" pressure (the bottom number on a blood pressure meter) which is the pressure during the resting phase ...Read more
Several things: First, maintaining ideal body weight and regular aerobic exercise is essential. By regular, i mean at least 20-30 minutes of aerobic exercise 4-5 days per week at a minimum. Second, relaxation activities are very useful in lowering blood pressure and keeping it low. These activities include listening to music, yoga, meditation, aroma therapy, water therapy. ...Read more
Diet and exercise: Watching your diet, specifically salt and salt derivatives are very important. Certain ethnic groups crave salt and use heavily salted food items because of the salt content. Be careful of msg, used widely as meat tenderizer. Exercise moderately, but regular will also help. ...Read more
Lifestyle changes: Lifestyle modifications are essential to treating hypertension. Weight loss, smoking cessation, decrease in alcohol consumption, exercise, low sodium diet (2400 mg/day) which is very difficult, a diet rich in potassium and vegetables. These are all extremely important measures. If these are ineffective , medications are usually needed. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to reduce blood pressure instantly?
- How to reduce uric acid in blood naturally?
- How to reduce blood creatinine level naturally?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to lower the systolic blood pressure naturally?
- How to lower your blood pressure naturally with food?
- How to get your blood pressure down naturally?
- How to increase low blood pressure naturally?
- Talk to a cardiologist online