Doctor insights on:
How To Read A Heart Monitor
Like an EKG: A holter monitor is basically a 24-hour-long ekg. It is used to monitor people for arrhythmias when a normal ekg isn't able to catch it due to its short length. The doctor will be able to read the ekg strip and look for skipped beats, irregular rhythms, or sites generating extra electrical signals. The doctor can also look at your diary to see if what you are complaining about correlate with ekg. ...Read more
Talk to your Doctor: Holter Monitor used to look for abnormal heartbeats or patterns of heartbeats. They are often missed on basic ecg(EKG). The causes and types of findings are numerous. Care must be individualized to you!! Ask your Doctor. Everyone skips a few to several hundred heartbeats in 24 hours, but the pattern is very important. Go over your results with the person who ordered your test. Good Luck! ...Read more
In canada when would an implantable loop (heart monitor) recorder be ordered? Can i request one if the holtor monitor isn't catching my symptoms
Tests: Besides the implantable loop, there are external 2 to4 week recorders and external event recorders all of which give longer term monitoring as alternatives to the implantable loop devices. ...Read more
Calm: Try learning to meditate, it can help your reactions. ...Read more
Heart monitor showed a few SEV in my heart during 5 day monitoring. Should I be concerned?I feel them sometimes
Extrasystoles: In general random extrasystoles are no big deal. Having said that any test absent complete data about a patient is just data, the patient is a sum of his/her history, physical and data. ...Read more
I have a mp3 player and i just bought a heart monitor. Could the electrical signal from the mp3 player interfer with the heart monitor?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to read blood presure heart monitor at hospital bedside?
- How to read heart rate monitor results?
- How to read heart rate monitor in hospital?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to repair a heart rate monitor on a schwinn recumbent bike?
- How to use a polar f11 heart rate monitor?
- How to replace the battery in a polar heart monitor watch?
- How to put a battery in axiom heart rate monitors?
- Talk to a cardiologist online