Doctor insights on:
How To Rap A Sprain Ankle
Can you tell me if a jogger has stepped in a pothole and sprained his ankle. What systems have suffered damage?
Sprained ankle: A sprained ankle is an injury to the ankle ligaments and tendons surrounding the ankle joint. If a sprained ankle lasts more than a week than it is no longer a sprained ankle.... Need to rule out tears of the ligaments and tendons at that point. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I have two sprained ankles at the same time, one is worse, any advice? Also when should I start stretching/excercising them without causing damage?
PT program: With two simultaneous ankle sprains it is best that you are under the care of a doctor who will outline a specific physical therapy program for you. The first goal is pain relief and often requires braces to support the ankle. Gentle range of motion exercises can be started almost immediately under a therapist's guidance. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Ankle Sprain: A grade two or second degree sprain is associated with partial tearing of the injured ligament. A grade three sprain is a complete tear of the injured ligament and is associated with instability around the affected joint. Physiologically, a grade three injury creates instability at the joint whereas a grade two injury may remain stable. Grade 3 injuries often require surgical repair. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to heal a sprained ankle overnight?
- How to fool a doctor into thinking you have a sprained ankle?
- How to heal a high ankle sprain?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to tape a high ankle sprain?
- How long to recover from a sprained ankle?
- How long to wrap a sprained ankle?
- How to wrap a high ankle sprain?
- Talk to a podiatrist online for free