Doctor insights on:
How To Prevent Stillbirth
Kick Counting: Fetal movement is reassuring. Babies that are in trouble stop moving, usually awhile before they are at risk of stillbirth. Monitoring fetal movement is a way to make sure that baby is doing well without hooking you up to a fetal monitor. If your monitoring indicates that baby isn't moving enough, you can go to the hospital for electronic fetal monitoring. Best wishes! ...Read more
With difficulty: Unfortunately it's not always evident. Examination of the stillborn sometimes shows us cord problems or obvious birth defects. The placenta is examined for problems, an autopsy can be ordered on the infant looking for birth defects. Chromosomes & blood tests looking for abnormalities (diabetes, lupus, infection, etc) are also done. However, many times the reason is unexplained or unclear. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to deal with stillbirth?
- Coping with stillbirth
- How to treat stillbirth quickly?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does quickening associated with stillbirth last?
- How long does vasa previa associated with stillbirth last?
- How long does vaginal bleeding associated with stillbirth last?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free