Doctor insights on:
How To Prevent Pain After Tooth Extraction
I had a tooth extraction & they put medication in the hole to prevent dry socket. Is it normal to taste the medication over a couple of days?
Leave it alone!: For the first couple days after the ext, don't brush by it, don't rinse too vigourous, soft diet, dont smoke, don't drink through a straw. Give it a chance to settle in and then you should be good, but even if you do all that you are told you can still get a dry socket. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Blood clot from tooth extraction is loose. The extraction was 3 days ago. Can I do anything to prevent dry socket?
Talk to dentist: Follow the directions of your dentist.Get a more detailed answer ›
Common Sense, Really: The first thing is to leave it alone. Don't mess with it, don't play with it, don't brush it, don't swish vigorously around it. Also, avoid tobacco, alcohol, & nicotine, as these can cause the clot to dissolve and be lost. Avoid hard, crunchy foods. If you lose the clot, healing will be impaired & delayed, and it might be quite painful. So, just give it time and allow your body to heal properly. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What are some natural remedies for preventing or curing bacterial infections after tooth extraction?
One week after multiple tooth extractions. No complications so far. Am i in the clear? If not what can I do to prevent complications at this point?
How can I prevent dry socket? Its been 4 and a half days since my wisdom teeth extractions. Im a 21 yr old male.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to prevent infection after tooth extraction?
- How to stop pain after tooth extraction?
- How long will the pain last after a tooth extraction?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Pain after tooth extraction how long
- No pain after tooth extraction
- Pain days after tooth extraction
- Pain in socket after tooth extraction
- Talk to a dentist online for free