Doctor insights on:
How To Prevent Orchitis
Random mostly: Since orchitis is mostly from bacterial infection and is somewhat of arandom occurrence, there isn't much to do in the way of "prevention". If you are diabetic and more prone to infection, i would say that good diabetes control would be important in reducing infection risk in general. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Can bacterial orchitis left untreated cause scar tissue on that testicle that would make it feel fairly wider?(more width but less length from infect)
Is infection gone?: If no I would highly suggest reconsidering treatment for it,espeicially if you are having any testicular pain still.Was epididymitis ruled out?If you have not had one,I would also suggest a testicular ultrasound to rule out fluid collection that could cause your increased size-hydrocele(water),pyocele(pus in the testicle),or hematocele(blood).You may actually need antibiotics to prevent worsening ...Read more
Here are some ...: If Dx is correct and antibiotics is effective, you should feel better in 1-2 days and gradually resolve to almost no pain in 5-7 days, but the testicular induration and tenderness may linger for weeks or months with a wide variation among the infected men. But still remember some orchitis is not bacteria-related. More detail? Ask Doc timely. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Not common by itself: Mumps orchitis is probably best known form. Now fortunately rare due to childhood vaccinations. Epididymo-orchitis is not unusual and due to either bacteria traveling from the urinary tract, or due to a viral infection. Traumatic orchitis can also result from a blow or injury to the testes. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to prevent brown discharge caused by birth control?
- How long does it typically take orchitis swelling to go down?
- How to prevent itching after shaving?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to prevent ingrown hairs on your nipples?
- If mom has a cold how can i prevent my newborn from getting it to
- How to prevent peeing when laughing?
- How to prevent nose sweating?
- Talk to a urologist online for free