Doctor insights on:
How To Prevent Impetigo
Yes: Impetigo is usually caused by staph bacteria. Frequent hand washing can decrease the amount of potentially dangerous staph bacteria on the skin surface and reduce the rate of developing impetigo. Completely avoiding exposure to staph bacteria is almost impossible. However, basic sanitation has been shown to reduce the risk. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Will antibiotics prevent impetigo? I’m on antibiotics for acne. Will this also prevent impetigo?
I have impetigo and wonder if i need the topical antibiotics in order to prevent scaring.I have oral and topical prescriptions but its$lots for topica?
Oral antibiotic only: Oral antibiotics should suffice.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Impetigo prevented
- How to treat impetigo fast?
- How is impetigo diagnosed?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to treat impetigo quickly?
- How to treat impetigo in nose?
- How long is impetigo infectious?
- How to tell what is impetigo?
- Talk to a dermatologist online