Doctor insights on:
How To Prevent Empyema
Fever...: Empyema is when there is pus in the space surrounding the lung. Patient's with empyema are usually ill with fever/chills, elevated white blood cell count, chest discomfort, coughing, perhaps shortness of breath. Treatment usually consists of chest tube drainage as well as antibiotic therapy. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Pus around lung: The lungs are surrounded by two thin tissue layers called pleura. There is a potential space between these layers which can accumulate fluid which may be infected, or inflamed in some fashion so as to attract white blood cells. When this happens it is called empyema. It may be treated with antibiotics and drainage with a needle, and sometimes require chest tube or more invasion surgically. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Find early: The mainstay of treatment is early recognition, drainage, complete lung re-expansion, and targeted antibiotics. When indicated, modern thoracic surgical treatment of empyema uses minimally invasive techniques. Thoracotomy is often unnecessary (and potentially more dangerous) approach. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Empyema: Do you mean an omental flap? Read plast reconstr surg. 1997 feb;99(2):437-42. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to prevent brown discharge caused by birth control?
- How to prevent itching after shaving?
- How to prevent your lazy eye from being obvious in picture?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- If mom has a cold how can i prevent my newborn from getting it to
- How to prevent peeing when laughing?
- How to prevent nose sweating?
- How do you prevent back pain due to standing for long periods of time?
- Talk to a pulmonologist online for free