Doctor insights on:
How To Prevent Costochondritis
Not life-threatening: Costochondritis is caused by inflammation of the cartilage of the chest wall. Symptoms include chest wall pain that is reproducible by touching the area on the chest. It also typically hurts to take a deep breath, cough, etc. Treatment with antiinflammatory medications like ibuprofen and heat to the area decreases symptoms until the inflammation resolves. See your doctor to confirm the diagnosis. ...Read more
No: Disability means a person cannot do something that a person (without a particular illness or problem) can do. Costochondritis is not a disability because a person with costochondritis can still do many or most of the things that people without costochondritis can do. However, one can be disabled in one's own profession... which means that costochondritis may be a disability for a trumpet player. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How is costochondritis detected?
- How to treat costochondritis quickly?
- How to treat costochondritis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How will i know if i have costochondritis?
- How long should costochondritis last?
- Costochondritis swelling
- Talk to a pulmonologist online for free