Doctor insights on:
How To Prevent Cold
Be Well: Give yourself lots of tender loving care: eat right, exercise, get rest, balance work/play. When life's out of whack, then we don't fight off infection as well ... And cold sores can break out. Think of it as a yellow flag warning that something's out of balance. 4 or more outbreaks of cold sores in a year? Talk with your doc about daily antiviral rx to prevent more cold sores. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Denavir: You cannot really prevent cold sores, but you can cut the time short and even stop them from blistering and getting too big. Most people experience a tingling aura when a cold sore is coming on. If you apply a prescription medication like Denavir during this early phase and then continue to apply it 4 or 5 times a day in the area, you can stop or shorten the time of a cold sore. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Can reduce!: Children are going to get colds. That being said, there are measures one can take to reduce the number that they may otherwise get. The simplest way is to practice proper hygiene and handwashing techniques! everyone should make sure their hands are clean before handling the baby. Also, avoiding places where there are large numbers of people can be helpful and reduce exposure to viruses. ...Read more
Cold feet: Cold feet could be caused by Raynauds syndrome, or could be vascular issues, etc. Best to get your feet evaluated to be sure. Raynaud's can cause a vasospasm of the arteries reducing blood flow. In about 40 percent of people who have Raynaud's, it affects the feet/toes. It is relatively benign. Treatments include wearing warm, thick socks, and simply keeping your feet warm. Rarely meds r needed. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Feeling weak and whole body hurts and I have the sniffles. How can I prevent the cold from developing?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to get rid of a cold sore scab overnight?
- How to prevent brown discharge caused by birth control?
- How long does abreva take to heal a cold sore?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take for a cold sore on your lip to develop?
- How to make a cold sore scab heal faster so i wont shed?
- How to get rid of clogged ears from a cold?
- How to prevent your lazy eye from being obvious in picture?
- If mom has a cold how can i prevent my newborn from getting it to