Doctor insights on:
How To Prevent Blighted Ovum
Nothing: A "blighted ovum" is a pregnancy that simply didn't develop. These are usually genetically abnormal pregnancies that just stop growing, and can happen on occasion in normal situations. However, if you and your wife have this happen twice in a row, then that's considered abnormal and you should consider seeing a board certified re for testing. Dr. Roseff www.Reproendo.Com. ...Read more
Depends on testing: A blighted ovum means that that portion of the embryo that was to become the baby did not develop properly, but the portion that was to become the placenta did. So you have rising hormone levels and even a gestational sac in the uterus, but the sac is 'empty'. Older women with poor egg quality have higher chances of blighted pregnancy. If there is no genetic issue with you, then <15% chance. ...Read more
Certainly possible: It would be difficult to give you a number or a percent chance. Blighted ovums and early miscarriage are just very common. Unfortunately it can happen again. Assuming you have no medical issues though a normal healthy pregnancy is statistically more likely. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to treat blighted ovum?
- How to treat blighted ovum quickly?
- Not a blighted ovum
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long should blighted ovum last?
- Treatment for recurrent blighted ovum
- Causes of blighted ovum pregnancy
- Long does a blighted ovum
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free