Doctor insights on:
How To Prevent Aortic Aneurysm
Are there warning signs for an aortic aneurysm? Any ways to prevent one? Is there an exam that shows if you are susceptible to one?
Perhaps: Positive family history, marfans or connective tissue disease, hypertension, smoking, no absolute predictors, but good accurate exams and imaging are available. Aneurysm can affect any part of the aorta - chest, abdomen pelvis and any named vessel! so full history and exams are relevant. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Aortic aneurysm is a medical condition in which there is an balloon like outpouching in the wall of the aorta, which is the largest blood vessel in the body. Most commonly, this aneurysm occurs in the segment of the aorta that runs through the abdomen. Rupture can lead to massive ...Read more
I was diagnosed with a ascending aortic aneurysm by my family doctor. Do I need to go see a heart doctor?
Likely yes: Ascending aa usually get eval by cardiothoracic surgeon and cardiologist. There is risk of rupture that increases with size and risk of involvement of aortic valve of heart and arteries supplying head and arms. Treatment options depend on your health and specifics of aneurysm. Blood pressure control and stopping tobacco use critical. I expect you will be getting referrals at some point in workup. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Several things: About 5% of men over the age of 65 have abdominal aortic aneurysms. Risk factors include: increasing age, male sex, family history of aneurysm (may increase your risk 4-fold), hypertension, and history of smoking. Dissecting aneurysms can be caused by localized damage to to the artery from hypertension or trauma (deceleration or sheering-type injury) or catheter injury from an angiogram. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How many minutes does someone have to live after the aortic aneurysm ruptures?
- How to prevent a brain aneurysm?
- How to prevent brown discharge caused by birth control?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to prevent your lazy eye from being obvious in picture?
- How to prevent ingrown hairs on your nipples?
- If mom has a cold how can i prevent my newborn from getting it to
- How to prevent peeing when laughing?
- Talk to a vascular surgeon online for free