Doctor insights on:
How To Make A Sore Throat Feel Better
Sx relief: For significant sore throat with swollen tonsils / lymph nodes – see physician & get a strep throat test/ culture. If you have strep throat, antibiotic therapy is imperative to prevent future complications. Consider tylenol or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications. Saltwater gargles: mix 1 tsp salt in 8 oz warm water – gargle several times a day. Or gargle with aloe vera juice twice a day. ...Read more
See the doctor.: It sounds like he needs to go to the doctor. High fever and sore throat could be just a common virus, but it also could be strep (which needs to be treated with antibiotics) or influenza (which may also need treatment). Depending on his temperature, he might need to be seen today. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Sore throat with bumps on the back of the tongue, they bother me a little. Anything i can do to fix this or make it feel better?
Strep culture /test.: Tips: sore throat – gargle with warm salt water (1/2 tsp salt in 8 oz of water). Get strep test/culture if very sore. Congestion – saline nose drops or netti pot. For anti-inflammatory effect & mobilizing mucus- homemade chicken noodle soup. Hydrate- lots of water/clear broth/ add honey & asmall amt. Of lemon juice to chamomile tea.. Fever/ pain – acetaminophen/ nsaid’s rest! ...Read more
2 months ago had strep b. Ciproflaxin = feel better. Last week sore throat for 9 days. Ciproflaxin=better. Swab negative . Did I have a bacterial inf?
I have sore throat, weakness and a mild fever. It is quite bad yesterday but today it seem to have subsided. What can I do to feel better?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to make a hip flexor feel better?
- How to make a cold sore scab heal faster so i wont shed?
- How to get a sore throat overnight?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take for a sore throat to heal without antibiotics?
- How to get a sore throat fast?
- How to get a bad sore throat?
- Will fluoxetine start to make me feel better within a week
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free