Doctor insights on:
How To Lactate When Youre Not Pregnant
Yes: Lactation the process of continued secretion of copious milk. It requires regular removal of milk and stimulation of the nipple, which triggers prolactin release from the anterior pituitary gland and oxytocin from the posterior pituitary gland. In the absence of milk removal, elevated intramammary pressure and accumulation of a feedback inhibitor of lactation a feedback inhibitor of lactation. ...Read more
When your due date arrives, you will be more than ready to have your baby! Most women deliver the baby somewhere between 37 and 42 weeks. According to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, only 5% of babies arrive on the exact due date. Approximately 7% of babies are not delivered by 42 weeks, and when that happens, it is referred to ...Read more
Yes: Possible causes for galactorrhea include but are not limited to use of birth control pills, tricyclic antidepressants, antipsychotic meds, some sedatives, fennel, anise, fenugreek, some hypertension meds, cocaine, opioids, hypothyroidism, prolactinoma, renal dz, pregnancy, testosterone deficiency in men ; significant breast stimulation. ...Read more
Lactation is the act of making breast milk. The chemical lactate is lactic acid, a product of glucose metabolism. If there are abnormalities of the kidney or the metabolism of glucose, Lactic Acid may be high. Don't confuse lactate with lactose, which is the sugar found in milk that causes gas and cramps in people ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to lactate when not pregnant?
- How to recognize if youre pregnant when there are no symptoms?
- Lactating when not pregnant
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to know youre pregnant when taking birth control?
- How much do the hcg levels go up when youre pregnant?
- Hibiscus tea when youre pregnant
- Do women lactate when not pregnant?
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online