Doctor insights on:
How To Know If You Have Lice Or Dandruff When Combing Over Dark Surface
Headlice or Dandruff: Dandruff are flaky, itchy scalp lesion called seborrheic dermatitis treated with Nizoral or other tar shampoo and scalp will clear up. Head lice is also itchy scalp with nits seen attached to hair strands mostly in the neck area. Pull out each nits after shampoo with kwell or Ovide to avoid transmission of lice. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Examine your scalp: Lice lay eggs called nits on the hair near your scalp. Nits adhere to the hair while flakes from dandruff are easily brushed off. If you cannot wash or brush the particles off you may have lice. If you are not sure, see your doctor to confirm. The treatment for lice is sold over the counter at any pharmacy. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Different presentati: Dandruff is shedding of dead skin cells from the scalp and causes flaking which is visible on brush or comb and sometimes on your cloth collars and can cause itching and is easy to recognize without ever going to the doctors scalp lice can cause itching and one may be able to see live lice on close exam of the scalp..It is spread by person to person contact and is usually seen in children. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I have dandruff and my brother has lice. Does having dandruff increase or decrease my chances in receiving lice?
No relation: that I know of, but you both can get easily treated, ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to know if you have lice or dandruff when you itch?
- How to know if you have lice or dandruff?
- How to know if you have head lice or dandruff?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to tell if you have head lice or dandruff?
- How to know if you have in ingrown hair or blackhead?
- How to know if you have in ingrown toenail under the skin or something else?
- How to know if you have a little or a lot of the ingrown toenail under the skin?
- Talk to a dermatologist online