Doctor insights on:
How To Know If You Have In Ingrown Toenail Under The Skin Or Something Else
Onychocryptosis is the medical name for ingrown toe nail. The nail can be flat or curved and still be ingrown. The margin of the nail impinges into the flesh (nail fold) on either side of the nail or even the end of the nail. This can lead to violation of the skin (paronychia) and open you up to infections. These are painful and can easily be treated ...Read more
What's the best way to treat an ingrown toenail if skin has grown over the top of the ingrown portion?
I think I had an ingrown toenail. For the most part it's stop hurting. What do I do about the flamed skin that is covering my toe more the. Usual?
Treatment: Based on what you describe, you may still require antibiotics or even toe nail removal. See a doctor for further evaluation. Good health. ...Read more
So i had an ingrown toenail removed a few months ago. Went great, but now i have skin growing over the edge of my nail and it hurts what should i do?
See a foot Doc.: About the only thing you can do is return to the doctor who removed your nail in the first place. Having said that, make sure whoever evaluates it now has expertise in handling this specific post operative condition. ...Read more
I've got an ingrown toenail and a couple weeks of go I cut off the piece of toenail out, but still have pain. Are they gonna get rid of the extra skin on the sides?
Hi! So my toenails are very short and I cannot grow them out at all. I tend to get ingrown toenails frequently and the skin on the corners of my big toe are very thick. Is that normal?
Skin around toe black 2months after ingrown toenail removal. Is that normal or should I go back to dr?
How often should I keep a band aid over an ingrown toenail where the skin on the outside is red and is hurting?
Needs drainage?: This is called a paronychia, or infected ingrown nail. It may need to be drained, and/or antibiotics. You should have this looked at by your primary care doctor within the next day or two. It's more urgent if it's getting worse. In the mean time, soak it in warm water with Epsom salt for 5-10 minutes 3-4 times per day. It may need more than a bandaid. Hope this helps! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to know if you have a little or a lot of the ingrown toenail under the skin?
- How can i know if this swelling is an ingrown toenail or something else?
- How do u know if u have gentail warts and not something else?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do i know if i have an ingrown toenail infection?
- How to know if you have in ingrown hair or blackhead?
- How can a ct scan tell if you have a kidney stone or cancer or something else?
- How do you tell the difference between shyness and something else?
- Talk to a dermatologist online