Doctor insights on:
How To Know If You Have A Little Or A Lot Of The Ingrown Toenail Under The Skin
Onychocryptosis is the medical name for ingrown toe nail. The nail can be flat or curved and still be ingrown. The margin of the nail impinges into the flesh (nail fold) on either side of the nail or even the end of the nail. This can lead to violation of the skin (paronychia) and open you up to infections. These are painful and can easily be treated ...Read more
See below: The best thing would be to see a podiatrist and have it treated but you can try to soak the toe in warm water with Epsom salt and then when soft try to pack a small piece of cotton under the nail edge. Apply antiseptic and band aid. If infection is present that needs to be treated by a doctor. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Have it fixed: Ingrown nails that cause such discomfort can be easily and permanently fixed. There is an in-office procedure that is done under local anesthesia. This involves removing that portion of the nail that is ingrown and then cauterizing the matrix to prevent regrowth of that nail border. Epsom salt foot soaks can also help, especially if it is infected. Trying to trim it out can make it worse. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What's the best way to treat an ingrown toenail if skin has grown over the top of the ingrown portion?
Ingrown toenails: Hurt! the procedure to fix it is fast, simple, easy and painless. Call a toe truck and bring your toe to a podiatrist and you'll feel better right away. ...Read more
I had an ingrown toenail removed a day ago and it bled a little today in the bandage wrapping. Is it ok that this happened?
Yes: It is common to have bleeding after an ingrown toenail procedure for some days however if it continues there may be a portion of nail still left in their causing the bleeding. At that point i would consult your physician to see if there's any other problems going on. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to know if you have in ingrown toenail under the skin or something else?
- How to get rid of a huge pimple under the skin?
- How can you tell if u have a cavity without going to the dentist?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to get rid of a cyst under the skin?
- How to get rid of a pimple under the skin?
- How does the doctor know if you have a brain abscess?
- How can a person have cirrhosis of the liver if he is not a drinker or drug user?
- Talk to a dermatologist online