Doctor insights on:
How To Increase White Cells In Blood
Depends.: Improving a low WBC would depend on the cause. The WBC is controlled by a hormone (g-csf) normally, and this is available as a medication that can be useful in patients on cancer chemotherapy. Otherwise, the underlying cause should be treated (nutritional, drug side effect, autoimmune disease, bone marrow disorder, etc.). ...Read more
Don't treat numbers: If one or more of your absolute counts (neutrophils or lymphcytes; i've never cared about monocytes) is a wee bit low, just follow it. If it is way low, you may be seriously sick and in that case need something stronger than homeopathy. Good luck. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends...: Depends on the cause of the decrease. Best to speak with your physician and possibly get a referral to a hematologist to diagnose the problem and define the appropriate treatment plan. ...Read more
What does it mean when doctors ask if you given or lost any amount of whole blood, red or white cells, plasma?
Is it possible for a cell to be alive in dried blood? Ie. Rbc, white cells or any cell that could be in the bloodstream? How soon do they die?
No: Cells are living things and require a certain amount of moisture to live. Some viruses and bacteria can survive because of special adaptations, and for that reason we use universal precautions even with dried blood. Certainly the genetic material can remain for longer periods of time. ...Read more
I have had 3 full blood count this week. My white cells keep going up from 7000 to 12000 then 14000. What does this mean? My monocytes are 1.5
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to increase the white blood cells in the body?
- How to increase white blood cells in cancer patients?
- How to increase white blood cell count during chemo?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to increase your white blood cell count naturally?
- How to increase the red blood cell count in a acute leukemia patient?
- How to increase low white blood cell count?
- How to increase your white blood cell count?
- How to increase white blood cells in human body?