Doctor insights on:
How To Increase White Blood Cells Naturally
Depends.: Improving a low WBC would depend on the cause. The WBC is controlled by a hormone (g-csf) normally, and this is available as a medication that can be useful in patients on cancer chemotherapy. Otherwise, the underlying cause should be treated (nutritional, drug side effect, autoimmune disease, bone marrow disorder, etc.). ...Read more
Yes: Yes, white counts can go up a number of ways. There are drugs that are used, especially in patients who are immunocompromised (i.e., cancer patients) when their white count gets too low. Otherwise, the most common reason for WBC count to go up is infections. As far as a natural way for you to make it go up yourself, no, there's not a way. ...Read more
Depends...: Depends on the cause of the decrease. Best to speak with your physician and possibly get a referral to a hematologist to diagnose the problem and define the appropriate treatment plan. ...Read more
White cells: White blood cells are made in the bone marrow and circulate in the blood stream. They increase in response to infection, trauma, stress, tumor (i.e.. Leukemia), and abnormal bone marrow production. They decrease sometimes related to severe infection (sepsis), impaired bone marrow production, and autoimmune diseases. ...Read more
Trypanosome infectio: CSF white blood cell count increases and used for staging of trypanosomal infection. ...Read more
Usually...: ...It does not affect them enough to notice. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to increase your white blood cell count naturally?
- How to increase white blood cells in human body?
- How to increase white blood cell count during chemo?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to raise your white blood cell count naturally?
- How to build up white blood cells naturally?
- How to increase white blood cells in the body?
- How to increase low white blood cell count?
- Talk to a hematologist online for free