Doctor insights on:
How To Increase White Blood Cells In Human Body
Yes: Yes, white counts can go up a number of ways. There are drugs that are used, especially in patients who are immunocompromised (i.e., cancer patients) when their white count gets too low. Otherwise, the most common reason for WBC count to go up is infections. As far as a natural way for you to make it go up yourself, no, there's not a way. ...Read more
Depends.: Improving a low WBC would depend on the cause. The WBC is controlled by a hormone (g-csf) normally, and this is available as a medication that can be useful in patients on cancer chemotherapy. Otherwise, the underlying cause should be treated (nutritional, drug side effect, autoimmune disease, bone marrow disorder, etc.). ...Read more
Depends...: Depends on the cause of the decrease. Best to speak with your physician and possibly get a referral to a hematologist to diagnose the problem and define the appropriate treatment plan. ...Read more
Infection: The most likely effect would be infection. These would typically be severe/life-threatening, and often-times not commonly seen in the general public (weird fungal and bacterial infections), but more common in patients with low WBC counts, such as those on chemo or with hiv/aids. ...Read more
No set answer: WBC don't spend much time in the circulation. The most common neutrophils may only circulate for 8-12 hours. They go to tissue to do their job, but do not die immediately after leaving the circulation ...Read more
Deficient white cell: If someone has no white blood cells he would be at risk of overwhelming systemic infection and death. White cells protect us from infection and keep our immune system functioning. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to increase the white blood cells in the body?
- How to improve white blood cells in human body?
- How to increase red blood cells in the body?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to increase white cells in blood?
- How to increase white blood cell count during chemo?
- How to increase white blood cell count naturally?
- Foods to increase blood in the human body
- Talk to a hematologist online for free