Doctor insights on:
How To Improve Leg Endurance In Cycling
Can you still improve in leg endurance activities like running and swimming with hypokalemia? Or does it just feel like not improving and exhaustion?
Yes: Running is an excellent exercise for building cardiovascular endurance; if you run distances you will improve your slow-twitch muscle tone and over time as you decrease body fat your muscles may appear more defined; if you focus on sprinting you will engage fast-twitch muscle and may see more of a "mass" effect; if you are trying for body-builder muscles strength training in gym is your best bet. ...Read more
I felt fine after cycling, it was sitting on my leg that caused it to go numb, do u still think it was the cycling ?
Lactic Acidosis: Many times during exercise, your body starts to produce energy anaerobically instead of oxygen causing lactic acidosis. If this happens you will get sore muscles after the event. Usually this will go away in a few hours to a few days. Stay hydrated, it will help. You could also be having sciatica, compartment syndrome, etc which needs evaluations. Hard to say without evaluation. ...Read more
I have unexplained dark, quite big bruising on my lower leg. I have just started out cycling a couples of time. I know I'm not hitting the peddles.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to improve stamina endurance for soccer?
- Improving endurance
- How to improve your endurance to last longer in wrestling?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to improve muscular endurance for ice hockey?
- How to increase muscle endurance in legs?
- Best endurance supplement for cycling
- How to improve leg strength?
- Talk to a preventive medicine specialist online for free