Doctor insights on:
How To Improve Leg Endurance In Cycling
Can you still improve in leg endurance activities like running and swimming with hypokalemia? Or does it just feel like not improving and exhaustion?
I felt fine after cycling, it was sitting on my leg that caused it to go numb, do u still think it was the cycling ?
Yes: Running is an excellent exercise for building cardiovascular endurance; if you run distances you will improve your slow-twitch muscle tone and over time as you decrease body fat your muscles may appear more defined; if you focus on sprinting you will engage fast-twitch muscle and may see more of a "mass" effect; if you are trying for body-builder muscles strength training in gym is your best bet. ...Read more
Lactic Acidosis: Many times during exercise, your body starts to produce energy anaerobically instead of oxygen causing lactic acidosis. If this happens you will get sore muscles after the event. Usually this will go away in a few hours to a few days. Stay hydrated, it will help. You could also be having sciatica, compartment syndrome, etc which needs evaluations. Hard to say without evaluation. ...Read more
I have unexplained dark, quite big bruising on my lower leg. I have just started out cycling a couples of time. I know I'm not hitting the peddles.
Yesterday, after cycling and showering,i sat down to watch tv with my right leg under my butt.It went numb so i got up,but my leg stil feels bit weird?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to improve your endurance to last longer in wrestling?
- How to increase muscle endurance in legs?
- How to get rid of lactic acid in legs?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to build up muscle in my lower leg after ankle surgery?
- How to improve fine motor skills in 8 year old?
- How to get rid of painful swelling in legs feet and ankels?
- How to gain weight in your legs for men?
- Talk to a preventive medicine specialist online for free