Doctor insights on:
How To Help Swollen Foot After Cast Comes Off
I assume: You're dealing with a broken bone. Broken bones need to be placed in a normal position and held there/immobilized to prevent motion at the fracture site. This makes for less pain and optimal healing. That's the purpose of a cast. Remove the cast and you risk delays in healing and, worse, reinjury, which would reset the clock to the beginning of the process. Don't do it. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Use Rotary tool: Should never be done by yourself.Always have it done by medically trained personnel we use a hand held rotary tool with a small wheel to lightly cut the surface of the cast.The goal is to remove cast without touching the cotton material underneath, we remove 1/8th inch pieces of the casting material in a straight linefrom top to bottom.Make similar cut on either side of 1st cut. Make sure no injury. ...Read more
How do I know if my sons cast on his foot needs to get replaced. It looks like it may be thinning out?
Ask the orthopedist: The orthopedic doctors set follow ups for a couple reasons- one to see how well the injury/surgery etc is healing and to see how the cast is holding up. If you are worried, give them a call. You can also take a picture and email it to them....If they are set up for that. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long is recovery after a full leg cast for a broken foot?
- Foot in cast after bunion surgery
- What happens after you get a cast off?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to stretch the ankle after a cast?
- Bluish gray cast to foot 1 week after sprain
- After regestrone how many days period comes
- After how many days of ovulation period comes
- How long will a broken foot be swollen after the cast comes off?