Doctor insights on:
How To Help Someone Going Through Drug Withdrawal
Is there another drug that I can be switched to from Effexor (venlafaxine) XR without going through withdrawal that I have read about on line. ?
Yes.: Switching from effexor (venlafaxine) to another antidepressant is generally accomplished by doing a "cross taper" - starting the new med at a low dose and decreasing the effexor (venlafaxine) a bit with a gradual decline in the effexor (venlafaxine) and increase in the new med. This generally avoids any of the withdrawal effects. P.S. not all patients have withdrawal effects from antidepressants. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Patch has lower dose: Generally the patch is a lower dose than what you are getting in cigarettes and so you experience some symptoms, though they are much attenuated. Best wishes! ...Read more
Many: Be specific.Get a more detailed answer ›
Caffeine taper: I never recommend abrupt cessation of caffeine, because the headaches can be very severe and impair normal function. Cutting back on caffeine gradually, by eliminating one serving a day every 3-4 days, so if you drink 6 cups of coffee (week 1 - 5 cups for 3 days, 4 cups for 4 days, week 2 - 3 cups for 3 days, 2 cups for 4 days) etc. Will taper you off over a couple of weeks, and that is best way. ...Read more
Possibly: It is very common, xanax (alprazolam) is highly addictive and causes withdrawal relatively easy. Symptoms would include anxiety, cravings, maybe tremors, maybe insomnia, and other symptoms including seizures potentially. Consult your dr. Get help, call aa/na or 1855detox-00 if you need help stopping. Good luck. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Pain meds x 1 week: Probably not. One week of use is not long term use. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What to do if you are going through prescription drug withdrawal?
- Healthy foods to eat while going through prescription drug withdrawal
- What foods to eat while going through drug withdrawal?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long will i go through withdrawal symptoms after stopping lexapro?
- Am i going through withdrawals from xanax?
- How to get through percocet withdrawal?
- How to help someone that is depressed?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free