Doctor insights on:
How To Help Prevent Numbness In Feet And Hands After Chemo
Having numbness in feet that radiate up to hips when getting out of the bath, tingling in my right arm and hand and excessive need to urinate. 38 yrs?
Numb feet: The signs you are describing of numb feet, tingling in hands and urge to urinate can be from Diabetes. You should be examined by a primary physicians who can run certain blood tests to rule it out. Other neuropathic and endocrine diseases can mimic this too. Don't hesitate to make an appointment. ...Read more
Can you tell me is it normal after having chemo therapy to have a numbness feeling in your feet and hands?
I heard numbness/tingling sensation in ones hands/feet is a common side affect with chemo, is this true?
Yes: This side effect is called peripheral neuropathy, and it's common. Many types of chemotherapy are toxic to nerves, and the more doses you receive the more the nerves are affected. Taxol and taxotere are particular culprits. Symptoms of neuropathy usually lessen with time once you're off the chemo... But it can take a year or two. ...Read more
23 years old four months pregnant headache lasting a week with numbness in feet and hands.please help?
After riding bike in 50 degree temps, noticed big toes getting dark and numbness in feet. Recently noticed feet looking mottled when cold. Cleared up.
See below: Could have been from the temperature causing a mild hypothermic reaction but closing down the blood supply. Good that it is cleared up, but keep the feet warm. ...Read more
Etiology?: There are many reasons why one can have numbness and tingling in the feet and legs. For example: diabetes is one, in this case you would be remiss if you are only seeing a chiropractor. If the numbness is from a radiculopathy (pressure on a nerve in the back) then a chiropractor could possibly help you. You need to definatively figure out why you have the numbness. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What causes numbness in hands and feet to spread to arms and legs?
- How do i get help to get back on my feet after prolonged bedrest in pregnanct?
- How to improve circulation in feet and hands?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to reduce swelling in hands and feet during pregnancy?
- How long does it take for swollen to go down in hand after surgery?
- How long do swelling and numbness last after being sucker punched in the face?
- What causes tingling in hands and feet after thyroidectomy?
- Talk to a oncologist online for free