Doctor insights on:
How To Help Effacement
Don't rush: Mother nature will take care of your effacement when the baby is ready. You still have another month to go, so be patient. The longer baby stays inside, the better. So many soon-to-be moms are anxious to give birth, but it best to wait until your body puts you into labor in most cases. Let nature take its course and relax and rest in the meantime. Congratulations ! ...Read more
Being pressed on: This means the nerve root is being pressed on as it exits the spine. For example, it could be pressed on by a disc or by changes in the bones or ligaments related to arthritis. However, just because a scan may show the nerve being pressed on doesn't mean it is causing symptoms. This has to be decided after speaking with and examining the patient. ...Read more
Are you: referring to a spine MRI? The lateral recesses are regions along the sides of the spinal canal through which nerve roots run after exiting the dural sac. Effacement means that the space is compromised, usually by a disc or degenerative change, and the nerve root may be compressed. ...Read more
Can't say: specifically without more information or viewing the images, but it is likely referring to mass effect due to the downward displacement of the cerebellar tonsils through the foramen magnum seen in Chiari 1. Normally csf surrounds the cervical cord, the cerebellar tonsils in Chiari occupy this space and "efface" the csf space., so this can create an obstruction to normal csf flow or press on cord. ...Read more
I have moderate effacement and compression of anterior surface of cord at c-4-c6 . Also disc ht loss at t9-10 . Would this cause up back pain for 1 yr?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can fat cells be able to help people with spinal cord injuries?
- How long will it take for ova mit to help get pregnant?
- How often can you take atarax to help with itching?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to help a sore throat and lost voice?
- How to help someone having a nervous breakdown?
- How to drink chamomile tea to help you lose weight?
- How to help someone with narcissistic personality disorder?
- How to help a peeled off scab not to scar?