Doctor insights on:
How To Heal Hairline Fracture Faster
A fracture is a broken bone. As there is cartilage at the end of many bones at the joint, a fracture may also include a break in the cartilage. Fractures and broken bones are the same thing. It seems that many believe that a "fracture" is a lesser injury or an incomplete break in the bone, but this is not correct. Fractures may be displaced or ...Read more
8 to 12 weeks: A standard fractured bone that is in place without major displacement takes 8 to 12 weeks to heal in a healthy person with proper immobilization. Smoking, diabetes, osteoporosis, and other chronic conditions can prolong or delay this healing. Premature mobilization or weight bearing on the extremity could also cause delayed or non healing. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My son is 18 months old and got a small hairline fracture at the distal end of his humorous. How long will this take to heal, and be in pain?
U can't make it heal: the body is programed 2 due this all by itself. If healthy, proper diet NO SMOKING! !! & adequate calcium intake U will heal. Fractures of the junction of the middle & distal tibia have lower blood supply, so follow the advice of Ur ortho 2 a T. Don't push it. Fractures with a larger surface area involved heal better than a hairline Fx, ,which has a very small surface area & heal slowly. ...Read more
Is it broken or fractured is a question I am often asked. The answer is basically that a broken or fractured bone is the same thing. A fracture means a break in the cortex or the strong layer of outer bone cells. In an adult the average time for that to heal varies greatly but is often considered to ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to heal a hairline fracture in ankle?
- How to heal a fractured foot faster?
- How to heal a stress fracture faster?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long will it take for a hairline fracture in a toe to heal?
- How long to heal hairline fractures in femur?
- How long will it take for a hip hairline fracture to heal?
- How long does it take for hairline fractures to heal?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free