Doctor insights on:
Treating A Papercut On The Eye
See an eye MD: I don't have enough information. If it is on the eyeball, it could be a variety of things, and if it on the eyelid, it could be other things. To guess at a diagnosis is of little benefit to your daughter and my best suggestion is to see an ophthalmologist. ...Read more
Artificial tears: I am assuming you have a corneal abrasion and the eye wants to reflexively close. Artificial tears are best. Topical anesthetics taken over a long period of time can cause problems like an anesthetic corneal ulceration. Sometimes, dilating the pupil can reduce the uncomfortable effect of bright lights. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Scratched eye: A scratch/ abrasion usually heals w/in 24-72 hours. Check it out at doc/ urgent care as sometimes need antibiotics as infection can set in and worsen the pain/cause scar/ or may have lash/ foreign body in eye. They also may recommend preservative free eye drops like soothe or systane to keep the eye moist and if large may place a lens bandage on the eye to prevent further damage. f/u w/doc ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take for your eye to heal from cataract surgery?
- How to heal a stye in the eye?
- How to heal a black eye fast?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to heal your kidneys naturally?
- How to heal your liver naturally?
- How to heal a blister on your lip?
- How to heal a busted blood vessel in the eye?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free