Doctor insights on:
How To Get Rid Of Whooping Cough
Whooping cough: If you're actively infected, see your fp for antibiotic treatment. It is now recommended that adults get a pertussis (whooping cough) booster to prevent spreading the disease to children who may not yet be immunized or haven't completed their series of immunizations for this disease. ...Read more
Tdap : I find few adults today have actually kept up with pertussis immunity as the vaccine was just cleared for adults a few years ago. Today we try to surround a newborn with immunized family that can't give them pertussis or the flu before they start the vaccines at 2mo. This includes all grandparents too. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Best way to rid of a chronic "viral" cough that has lasted for 9 weeks? I have been to two doctors who cleared me for whooping cough and any infection
Depends: Most data cites that completion of 5 days of treatment with an appropriate medication will eliminate later spread of this germ. ...Read more
What is the best treatment for whooping cough? My son, age 20 has it. He had a severe reaction to the baby vaccine and never had the second shot.
Depends on age: Infants have immune factors from mom from pregnancy but it begins to wain after birth.The infant immune system must be pushed so pertussis vaccine (&others) are usually given @2/4/6mo but can be given as early as 6wks if the disease is in the area.Boosters are given at 12-15m, 4-6yr & again @11-18yr. Pertussis vaccine provides a good but time limited protection.Discuss specific needs with your dr. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to get rid of whooping cough at home?
- How to get rid of itchy throat and cough?
- How to get rid of a wet cough fast?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does anyone know how to get rid of a croupy cough?
- How to get rid of a cough and runny nose?
- How to get rid of phlegm without coughing it up?
- How to get rid of tickly cough?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online