Doctor insights on:
How To Get Rid Of Scars On Feet
Small visible brown clot (scar looking) on foot after I hit against something, will it go away, what can I do to hopefully get rid of it.
Bruise: This sounds like a bruise with some blood under the skin which should reabsorb and go away within a few weeks. Elevating the leg when possible may help the bruising go away sooner. ...Read more
Is it possible to get rid of scar? I have bad scar after stitches on my foot. It looks awful. Please help me.
Try OTC lightening: Agents and possibly light chemical peels. Derm or aesthetician should help ...Read more
Stop wearing bad sho: These heaped up scars at the back of heel is the result of tight ill fitting shoes. The best solution is to prevent them by wearing well fitting shoes. Sometimes people form a bursa at the site of friction. My advise is not to have any excision as there is not enough tissue at this site and you do not want another scar. Most of the time if you avoid pressure from the shoes it will improve. ...Read more
I have previously had blisters on the back of my feet from wearing ill fitting shoes. I now have the remaining marks/scars, how do I get rid of them?
Can only Improve:
You cannot "erase" scars. Poor scars can be improved through the following methods:
1) scar massage
2) silicone sheeting (a kind of silicone tape you where over the scar)
3) steroid injections
4) laser treatment (helps remove coloring)
5) scar revision (removing the scar and starting over).
Consult with a plastic surgeon to find out which combination of these would best work for you. ...Read more
See specialist: Scars can be improved. Never completely removed. You would need to see a specialist such as a board certified plastic surgeon. ...Read more
Ensure foot health: Before performing any treatments on your feet you will want to make sure that the neurovascular status is intact. This can be a concern particularly in diabetic patients. In this case, foot care may best be administered by a podiatrist. If you are otherwise in excellent health appropriate exfoliative treatments (mechanical, etc) may be used with attention to not damage the deeper layers of the ski. ...Read more
Time, and others.: Time is often the best way to get rid of scars, as most will fade eventually. Lasers, surgical excision or rearrangement, steroid injections, etc are all ways to treat scars. You should ask your primary doctor who to go to for this. ...Read more
Improve them: Scars mature and can continue to improve for up to a year. They are sun-sensitive and may become hyperpigmented with sun exposure. The best way to treat a scar depends on the scar. Options include silicone gel, silicone sheeting, use of filler (for spot or crater-like scars), laser therapy, hydroquinone, dermabrasion, or kenalog (triamcinolone) injection, or surgical scar revision. See your plastic surgeon. ...Read more
Stop itch &skin care: First find the cause of the itching which can be quite a difficult endeavor. Second, stop itching by treating the primary problem whether it be idiopathic, psychological, a medication reaction or allergy, response to bug bites or noxious stimuli, etc. Third, avoid sun exposure. Fourth, silicone gel creams or sheets. Five, clip your nails. Six, consider derm or plastic evaluation for more extensive. ...Read more
Several options are available for scar reduction:
a study in the journal of plastic and reconstructive surgery several years ago compared these and found that although none showed statistical significance for scar reduction, the one that had the best overall response was silicone sheeting. That is what I use in my practice. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor online
- What are the causes of a swelling foot and leg and turning black?
- What can i treat pimples on my legs when they get infected?
- What could cause my fingers to swell in the morning?
- How to get rid of red spots on legs?
- What does it mean when a babys hands and feet turn purple?
- How to get rid of hot tub rash?
- How to get rid of really bad ingrown hairs?
- How to get rid of pink scars?
- How to get rid of swelling in hands?
- How to get rid of a frostbite scar?
- How to get rid of leg scars caused by picking at scabs?
- How to get rid of acne scars on face fast?
- Wetting tired hands and feet cause veins
- Does meth use cause swelling in feet?
- What kinda food to eat to get a bigger butt?
- At night my feet cramp and my toes curl over one another and i cannot get them loose
- How to read fingertip pulse ox?
- What causes my toes and feet to turn red?
- Frequent kidney infections swollen stomach that hurts all the time white fingernail tips
- How come my hands and feet swell up during the summer or when the weather gets warmer?