Doctor insights on:
How To Get Rid Of Gas After Colonoscopy
Retained air post-CO: Air is used to inflate your colon & permit inspection during the colonoscopy procedure. During your recovery before discharge you will be encouraged to pass the air back out. This is accomplished by changing your position in bed, gentle abdominal pressure, & verbal encouragement to overcome your natural embarrassment at passing gas. Some air may persist for several hours--call for help if longer. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Is there anything i can do to get rid of bad gas and irregular bowel movements i've had since a colonoscopy in august 2013?
Crohns meds: If the crohns is still active then meds to control the GI inflammatory process needed these include steroids, immune modulators and diet to minimize symptoms irregular movements can be helped with colace (docusate sodium) and possibleuse of fleets enema if constipation rather than diarrhea. ...Read more
Warm baths: If hemorrhoids only seen by colonoscopist with no associated symptoms then no treatment suggested. If there are mild symptoms, a rectal cream or warm soaks can help. If more symptomatic with pain and bleeding, resection or rubber banding would be needed. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
How can I get rid of my irregular motion.At times it hard & at times it almost liquid. I have gastric prob. No erosion seen in endoscopy, colonoscopy?
Endoscopic surgery??: Surgeons will add gas to the area to help visualize the site better. The gas will go away on it's own over time. I have not heard of any way to speed up the process. If you mean gas in the stomach, just take some antacids or gas-x. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do you get rid of gas after a colonoscopy?
- After a colonoscopy what can you do to get rid of gas
- How to get rid of gas pains after surgery?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to get rid of gas after surgery shoulder?
- How to get rid of gas after hysterectomy?
- How to get rid of gas after gallbladder surgery?
- How to get rid of gas after surgery?
- Talk to a colorectal surgeon online for free