Doctor insights on:
How To Get Rid Of Bruises Overnight
Bruise: For the first 24 hours, i would ice the effected area to minimize the spread of the bruise. After 48 hours, heat may be applied to allow the blood to disperse about the body. The amount of time it takes to heal is highly variable from person to person. ...Read more
Bruises, or ecchymoses, are a discoloration and tenderness of the skin or mucous membranes due to the leakage of blood from an injured blood vessel into the tissues. Pupura refers to bruising as the result of a disease condition. A very small bruise is called a petechia. These often appear as many tiny red dots clustered together, and could ...Read more
Cold compress: Followed by warm compress. For the first 4-6 hours, put cold compress to reduce bleeding and swelling, after 24 hours use warm compresses to facilitate removal of exudate. If spanking is part of abuse, you need to report it to authorities. ...Read more
See 1 more doctor answer
Avoid blunt trauma: Bruises tend to occur from blunt trauma. Protect your knees with knee pads if appropriate for the sport. ...Read more
Biopsy: If you actually remember the injury and you know for sure that it is a bruise then you may be looking at it for up to 9 months depending on how long it takes you to grow a new nail. However, melanoma skin cancer can appear as a dark spot or bruise under the nail and is a life threatening condition and needs to be evaluated by a dermatologist or podiatrist. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to get rid of a cold sore scab overnight?
- How to get rid of bruises on face?
- How to get rid of popped pimples overnight?
- How to get rid of old bruises on legs?
- How to get rid of dry skin on face overnight?
- How to get rid of dark underarms overnight?
- How to get rid of a bloated stomach overnight?
- How to get rid of a fever overnight i need to work in the morning?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free