Doctor insights on:
How To Get Rid Of Brown Age Spots On Face
Age or liver spots typically refer to a skin lesion known as a solar lentigo. Typically this is flat, larger than normal freckles and contains darker pigmentation. Other age spots may refer to seborrheic keratoses that are dark, slightly elevated and are described as looking like grease paint. Both of these lesions are generally benign but evaluation by a ...Read more
Erasing age spots.: Age spots are usually caused by sun damage. The most common treatments for this include topical creams, laser resurfacing, and intense pulsed light treatments. All of these treatments can be effective depending on the skin type and the severity of the sun damage. Using sunscreen and avoiding prolonged sun exposure will prevent more from appearing. ...Read more
Are there any laser skin treatments for age spots? I'm looking for a way to get rid of the dark spots on my face for good. I stay out of the sun and exfoliate regularly, but nothing seems to help. I don't want a temporary solution. Would laser skin treatm
Yes: Intense pulsed light (ipl) is a quick and effective way to fade unwanted skin pigment with little downtime. Permanent removal of unwanted skin pigment is much more difficult without permanently affecting the rest of your skin's natural skin color. Ipl followed by good skin care, sun protection and use of hydroquinone can extend the results of treatment but periodic touch-ups will be necessary. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I am 61 years old and noticed age spots on my face. What is the best approach to get rid of them. Creams? Laser? Retin-a?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to get rid of brown spots on my face?
- How to get rid of brown spots on the face?
- How to get rid of brown spots on face?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to get rid of dark age spots on the face?
- How to get rid of brown spots on face fast?
- How to get rid of brown spots from the sun on a kids face?
- How to get rid of age spots on my face?
- Talk to a dermatologist online