Doctor insights on:
How To Get Rid Of Boils And Where Do They Come From
Boils: Boils are abscesses caused by bacteria producing pus like staphylococcus. Some people are prone to them because their immune system does not protect them and they carry the bacteria in their noses and skin. It requires antibiotics orally, drainage of the abscess and topical antibiotics in the nose against staphylococcus . Usually recurs. ...Read more
Drainage: Drainage is the fastest way to get rid of them. Bleach bath and hibiclens soap might make them stay away. ...Read more
Warm compresses: If small, start w/ warm compresses, they can sometimes drain on their own, while waiting for an appt with the doc. Do not try to pop, squeeze or cut into them. I suggest seeing your doctor if you're not seeing a head to the boil, there's a lot of redness, pain, or you're having fevers. ...Read more
Boils: To treat a boil with a warm compress and tea tree oil, pour 4 teaspoons of very hot water in a bowl. Add 2 drops of tea tree oil. Take a cotton ball or piece of gauze and place it in the water. Swirl it around to moisten it and apply it directly to the boil. If this does not work see your doctor to lance the boil and be placed on antibiotics. ...Read more
Boils: Mmay be colonized with MRSA ( methacillin resistent staph aureus) or other staph. Wash daily, clean clothes , wash after sweating. Can try Hibiclens - sold in pharmacies- used in the hospital prior to surgery. Decreases bacterial count. use 1-2 x/wk ( do not use in eyes , mouth mucus membranes or genitals). Would just also check CBC, immunoglobulins , sed rate.f/u/ w/ doc ...Read more
You need a doctor: Most 'boils' are due to staphylococcus bacteria infecting the skin.Pus forms below the skin which swells to form a painful boil.Sometimes streptococci & pseudomonas may cause boils.Often the 'boil' can be cured by a special drainage procedure performed by your doctor.If the surrounding area is red & angry antibiotics are needed. If untreated the infection can spread to the blood & become dangerous. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to get rid of genital boils its where the crease of my panty line is?
- Getting rid of vaginal hair and boil marks
- What are boils and where do they come from?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do you get rid of skin discoloring due to holding and smoking cigarettes?
- How do i get rid of a scar from a puncture and ring?
- How to get rid of the eye bags and dark circles from midterms?
- What exercises can a man do to get rid of fat from his middle area and torso?
- Talk to a dermatologist online