Doctor insights on:
How To Get Rid Of Athlete's Foot
Start with a topical: Antifungal cream. Currently, the best thing going is naftin 2%, available by prescription only. Otc antifungal creams can be ok as well. On top of this, you must change the environment in which the feet reside. Feet must be kept clean and dry, especially between the toes. Use powder on the feet daily; change shoes daily; you may want to treat the shoes too, with sprays or an uv sanitizer. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Antifungal meds...: Topical medication to eradicate the fungus that causes athletes foot should help. It can be found over the counter, for example Nystatin. To avoid having recurrence keep your feet dry and use white cotton socks. Fungal infection develop in humid, dark environments. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
The thing with: athlete's foot is fungal spores live 30 days, so you must treat it for at least that long, even if it clears up in a few days. Also, there is a genetic predisposition to some fungi. If you're one of those people, you should be applying a cream daily FOREVER. Lotrimin, Lamisil and Tinactin are my personal favorites (in that order). Use the cream, not the gel or powder or spray, and use a tiny am ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Antifungal spray: Generally recommend any antifungal cream or ointment, but most people have a hard time bending down and rubbing between toes. Antifungal spray (over the counter from any drug store) is usually the option i recommend for cracks between toes. Hope that helps. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to get rid of athlete's foot at home?
- How do i get rid of athlete s foot permanently?
- How to get rid of athlete foot quickly?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to get rid of athlete foot in shoes?
- How to get rid of athlete's foot once and for all?
- How to get rid of charlie horse in foot?
- How to get rid of 3 planter warts on 6 year olds foot sole?
- How to get rid of athlete's foot home remedies?